Sierra College Theater Arts – Open Call for Auditions: Noises Off
Sierra College Theatre Arts Department will hold auditions on Sept. 9 and 10 for its fall production of Noises Off by Michael Frayn, directed by Debra Hammond. They will begin at 3:30pm both days on a first-come, first-served basis. Parts are available for 5 male and 4 female roles. Auditions will take place in the Dietrich Theatre on the campus of Sierra College, 5100 Sierra College Blvd, Rocklin.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Auditioners are encouraged to prepare a one-minute modern, comedic monologue from any published play. Monologues should best portray actor’s strengths and must be memorized. If available, bring an 8 x 10 color photo-headshot and resume of acting experience. If interested in checking out scripts prior to auditions, please e-mail email@example.com for an appointment.
Callbacks (by invitation only): Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019 at 3:30pm. Auditioners called back will be asked to audition by way of cold readings from the script. Noises Off is one of the classic modern farces, which contains a great deal of physical comedy. Actors will be expected to show abilities to demonstrate both physical work and comedic timing.
Rehearsals: September 16 through Oct. 24, 2019, Mondays through Fridays at 3:30pm. There will be two pick-up rehearsals on Wednesdays, Oct. 30 and Nov. 6.
Performance Dates: Oct. 25, Nov. 10, 2019, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm and Sundays at 2:00pm, Thursday, Nov. 7, at 7:00pm. There will be an additional performance for high schools on Friday, November 1 at 10:00am.
Audition Workshop: Wednesday, Sept. 4 and Thursday, Sept. 5, 2019, in the Dietrich Theatre at 3:30pm. The first day will cover best practices and tips for audition preparation techniques. The second day will focus on practicing cold reading techniques for a modern farce.
Workshop presenters are Sierra College Theatre Professors Debra Hammond and Scott Adams.
Casting (All Ages Welcome to Audition)
5 male roles, 4 female roles
- Dotty Otley: A late-middle-aged actress. Plays Mrs. Clackett, the housekeeper for Brent’s home in England in Nothing’s On.
- Lloyd Dallas: The director of a play-within-the-play, called Nothing’s On.
- Garry Lejeune: A stuttering actor, easily fired up. Plays Roger, the estate agent looking to let the Brent’s house in Nothing’s On.
- Brooke Ashton: A young inexperienced actress from London. Plays Vicki, who works for the tax authorities and is trying to woo Roger in Nothing’s On.
- Poppy Norton-Taylor: Assistant Stage Manager.
- Frederick Fellowes: Has a serious fear of violence and blood. Plays Phillip Brent, who lives out of the country with his wife Flavia to avoid paying taxes and is on a secret visit in Nothing’s On.
- Belinda Blair: Cheerful and sensible, a reliable actress. Plays Flavia, Philip Brent’s wife, who is dependable, though not one for household duties in Nothing’s On.
- Tim Allgood: – An over-worked Stage Manager.
- Selsdone Mowbray: Elderly and with actorly mannerisms. Plays Selsdon, a burglar and an old man in his seventies, breaking into the Brents’ house in Nothing’s On.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (916) 660-7000