Buy Books and Supplies with Financial Aid
Book vouchers allow eligible students to buy books or school supplies at the Sierra College Campus Bookstore.
Dates to Use Book Vouchers
Pell Grant eligible students will be awarded fall and spring book vouchers.
You can use your:
- Fall 2022 book vouchers August 15 through August 28, 2022 at midnight
- Spring 2023 book vouchers January 10 – January 27, 2023 at midnight
Book vouchers are posted on your Financial Aid Student Requirements. All charges will be deducted from your anticipated refund from the Pell Grant program. If you decide not to use a book voucher, no charges will be applied.
How to check if you have a book voucher
- Log in to mySierra
- Select “Financial Aid”
- Under “Financial Aid Activities,” and click “View My Financial Aid Status.”
- Select the current aid year (i.e., 2022-23).
- Select “Student Requirements.”
- If you are eligible, the message will read: “$ Book Voucher for Fall” or “$ Book Voucher for Spring” with a green check next to it.
The book voucher amount depends on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from your FAFSA and your enrollment level and if you are Pell Grant-eligible. If you did not file a FAFSA, or if you did not complete the processing of any request for documents by the Financial Aid Office, then you will not be awarded a book voucher. Sierra College does not run a book voucher program for summer.
Book Voucher Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I didn’t file a FAFSA? You are not eligible for a book voucher.
- What if my Financial Aid File is not complete and I have not been awarded a Pell Grant? You will not be eligible for a book voucher until your financial aid is complete and you have been awarded financial aid.
- Does the book voucher affect how much financial aid I’ll receive? Your Pell Grant will be reduced by the amount of money you spend when you use your book voucher.
- What if my books cost more than the book voucher is worth? If your books cost more than your book voucher is worth, you can either pay the difference when you buy your books or come to the Financial Aid Office, and we will manually adjust it for you. If remote, you can email or call the Financial Aid Office to see if we can adjust it manually.
- What can I use the book voucher for? The book voucher can be used for books or school supplies. You can also use the voucher for the book rental program if purchased in person at the Sierra College Bookstore (Rocklin or Nevada County Campus or online).
- If I use my book voucher and then become ineligible for the PELL Grant, what happens? You are financially responsible for paying back the school for all charges covered by the book voucher.