(formerly known as Construction Energy Technology [CET])
Do you love working with your hands? Learn everything from job safety to construction skills. Get in-demand skills in our hands-on classes including electrical, plumbing, carpentry and solar energy.
Our award-winning program offers two areas:
- Construction Technology: Learn contracting, remodeling, carpentry and more. There are two tracks: take construction management or residential building construction.
- Energy Technology: learn solar energy, or photovoltaic (PV), installation and sales. Get real-world skills to join the renewable energy field.
Careers in Carpentry, Engineering and Renewable Energy
The energy and construction sectors are booming. From clean energy jobs to construction work, put your practical skills to work.
- Start your career as an architect. Become a civil or electrical engineer. Or, become an engineering technician.
- Work as a carpenter, or, get a job as a developer. You could also be a project manager or building inspector.
- You could be a construction manager, or, become an industrial designer or cost estimator.
Academic Plans for Construction and Energy Technology
Each plan shows all the courses you need to take to complete your goal from start to finish. Map your education by clicking on the Academic Plan for the degree or certificate you’re interested in earning below.
Note: The academic plans will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize the plan.
Construction Management—AS Degree
|ESS 0001 or GEOG 0003||3|
|HED 0001 or HED 0002||3|
|MATH 0016A OR MATH 0030||4|
|SPAN 0001 or PHIL 0060||3|
Construction Basics—Skills Certificate
Construction Fundamentals—Certificate of Completion
To obtain a Certificate of Completion, students are required to complete the three (3) courses in sequence.
|BI 0806||0||CET 0805 is a prerequisite for CET 0806|
|BI 0807||0||CET 0806 is a prerequisite for CET 0807|
Construction Fundamentals—Noncredit Certificate
Please meet with your counselor to create a personalized academic plan for this certificate.
Energy Surveying and Lighting Retrofits—Noncredit Certificate
BI 0800, BI 0801 and BI 0802 are short-term classes, which can be taken sequentially and completed in one semester. All noncredit courses must be passed in order to receive certificate.
|BI 0001||1||Prerequisite course|