English as a Second Language (ESL)
We teach English to students from many countries and who speak many different languages. Classes are small, so you can communicate with your professors and other students. There are courses for students with basic to advanced skills, and some are tuition-free, non-credit courses. Our classes help students learn English quickly. In classes, students will learn about American culture and history, social justice, the environment, and steps to college success.
Benefits of ESL: Improve Your English and More
Improving your English brings many benefits:
- Understand, speak, and write English well, including improved grammar, reading, writing, vocabulary, and pronunciation
- Improve your skills as a student and prepare to get a degree or certificate
- Have more and better job opportunities. Employers look for bilingual workers
- Learn about the United States culture and laws
- Make new friends from all over the world
ESL Certificate Program
The plan shows all the courses you need to take to complete your goal from start to finish. Map your education by clicking on the Academic Plan for the certificate you’re interested in earning below.
Note: The academic plan will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize the plan.
English as a Second Language Academic Preparedness—Skills Certificate
- ESL Program Student Learning Outcomes
- View the different ESL courses and levels in the ESL Program Flowchart (available in English, Farsi, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish and Russian translations)
- Websites for English Practice
- Find out more about our students in the ESL Slideshow: People and Culture Days