Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
OLLI at Sierra College is a unique learning community designed for lifelong learners, ages 50 years or better, who are eager to explore new areas of knowledge without the stress of tests or grades. Although classes are designed for adults age 50 and over, there is no age limit for enrollment. Membership in OLLI is required to participate.
There is a wide variety of classes in art, film, government, health, history, literature, music, and science. All courses are designed to keep minds and bodies active. To fit your busy lifestyle, OLLI classes that meet for just one class or once a week for two-, four- or six-weeks. Every adult learner is welcome regardless of previous college experience.
Enroll for Fall 2020 in 3 Simple Steps
Review Our Fall Course Schedule
- All courses will be delivered online using Zoom since the Sierra College campuses remain closed.
- The fall semester is compromised of two sessions:
- When registered for a session, you may take as many courses as you like!.
- You do not need to register for individual courses within each session.
- Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email which will include a 13-page calendar listing what courses will be offered each week of the semester.
- Additionally, each Friday you will receive an email, which will include course information and the Zoom link to each course for the following week.
Register for Club OLLI Fall 2020
- Fall tuition is only $50 per person per session and an additional $20 annual membership fee for new members..
- You may pay by credit card or check.
- Please complete the Membership/Registration
form and return it in one of the following ways:
- Download, complete, SAVE and then scan or email form as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, fill-in and print out (or print out and handwrite), and mail form to: OLLI at Sierra College, 316 Vernon St, Suite 257, Roseville, CA 95678
Tell Your Friends and Family
- Share OLLI at Sierra College with your friends and family so they, too, can join our fabulous program. Share our link: www.sierracollege.edu/olli.
- An annual membership with OLLI at Sierra College is only $20 per person. The academic year begins in fall 2020 and runs through spring and summer 2021..
- Remember, it is only $50 per session and you can take as many courses as you like!
About Club OLLI
OLLI at Sierra College is a unique learning community designed for lifelong learners, ages 50 years or better, who are eager to explore new areas of knowledge without the stress of tests or grades. Although classes are designed for adults age 50 and over, there is no age limit for enrollment.
Membership in OLLI is required to participate. There is a wide variety of classes in art, film, government, health, history, literature, music, and science. All courses are designed to keep minds and bodies active.
To fit your busy lifestyle, OLLI classes meet for just one class meeting or once a week for two-, four- or six-weeks. Every adult learner is welcome regardless of previous college experience.
Sierra College is one of only four community colleges nationally to receive a grant from The Bernard Osher Foundation. There are 120 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Each is a part of a college or university and is funded in part by The Bernard Osher Foundation. OLLI at Sierra College offers more than 300 classes annually for more than 3,000 students.
Club OLLI Mission Statement
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Sierra College serves the Sierra College District mature adult community by providing intellectual stimulation, social interaction and outreach to the community
Club OLLI Membership Benefits
Membership Benefits include:
- Low registration fee of $20/year (August 1 – July 31) per individual
- Easier registration process
- More flexible add dates
- Greater variety of course offerings
- Advance notice of new semester classes
How to Register for Classes
How to Submit Form
You can submit your registration form(s) by:
- Mail: Send the completed form to OLLI at Sierra College, 316 Vernon Street, Suite 257, Roseville, CA
- Email or Scan: Complete the appropriate form, save, and scan or email to email@example.com. Credit card registration only.
Request for Personal Information
We request your social security number to meet a requirement by the State of California in receiving the funding that keeps OLLI running. We will only request your social security number once. After your social security number is entered into the registration system, a random student identification number will be assigned to you for future use. This student identification number is the only number that will appear on schedule confirmations and class rosters. We ask that you use your assigned student identification number for all future registrations to speed the registration process.
Sign Up Early
Due to an increasing number of OLLI students, we ask that all students register in one of the ways listed above. Class sizes are limited so it’s best to register early for the classes you are interested in. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make every effort to register at least 5 days before the start date of your class. Your registration may make the difference as to whether or not a class is canceled.
If the College cancels a class for any reason, pre-registered students will be notified by email or phone. We reserve the right to substitute instructors or reschedule classrooms or class times if necessary.
Please be aware of the location of your class. Locations are listed with each course description.
Please note that pre-registered students will be notified of any changes in location. Otherwise, all locations are confirmed as printed in our brochure.
Interested in Becoming an Instructor?
We encourage the development of new and interesting classes for our mature adult population.
OLLI classes are typically held for two to three hours, for just one class meeting or once a week for two, four or six weeks in the morning and afternoon. They are offered on the Sierra College Rocklin, Roseville Vernon Center, Nevada County and Tahoe/Truckee campuses as well as at senior facilities off-campus in various locations within Placer and Nevada Counties. Classes are offered during September through December in the fall, February through May in the spring and June through July in the summer. There are two six-week sessions in the fall/spring and one six-week session in the summer.
The Sierra College OLLI Curriculum Committee will review your completed Course Proposal Form and notify you by phone or mail if it is approved. Keep in mind that the process for review can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks depending on the date of your submission. Consideration will be given to the appropriateness of the subject, its relevance to the mission of the program, availability of facilities, your qualifications, etc. Our intent is to offer a varied, balanced program that meets the needs and interests of the mature adult population. Submission deadlines are mid-March for the following fall term and mid-September for the following spring term.
If you have questions, you may contact Shari Smith at (916) 781-6243, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.